Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have run your wiring internally in your handlebars. How did you route your wires after they exit the bars. I can't come up with anything that looks clean. Pictures would be great!

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a vstar 1100 classic. I was planning on drilling a hole in the top of the tree. There is a support piece running up the center on the bottom side so like you said it would be 2 holes. I'm not sure what this would do structurally to the tree having 2 more 1/2" holes that close to the risers.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I just did this myself.

Once the wires hit the triple tree it looks messy. I was going to route the wires behind the tree, but they would get pushed and pulled a lot.

They are much more stable in the front. But it doesn't look pretty.

I want to drill two holes in my triple tree now.

I don't think there is enough room to drill holes big enough for the connectors. Naturally it is going to suck cutting up the wires again. I want to install removable Deutsch plugs that I can take on and off. Their crimping tool is like $200. There is an aftermarket copycat tool for $30 that people on Amazon says works fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I didn't feel comfortable drilling holes in the triple tree large enough to fit the plugs through. And I didn't want to lock the wiring to the tree by drilling smaller holes and having to solder the plugs on after going through the tree. So this is where I ended up. Going through the tree may have been cleaner but I'm ok with this.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts