Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a paraphrased quote from a discussion on the General Biking page. 'Motorcycle fatalities increase 35-60% after dark. The 60% figure pertains to single vehicle events.'

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
My only street crash was at night - I hit a big possum. Once I got past the initial stun of hitting the ground, sliding down the road amid the sparks comming off the sliding bike was sort of cool. No major damage to me or the bike, got up, jogged up to where the bike stopped, stood her back up, started it up and finished the ride home. Interestingly enough, while sliding in a shower of sparks I recalled my wife saying "I wish you would take the truck because it will be after dark before I get back home". Busted mirror and front left turn signal and the clutch lever truned into the shape of a question mark, needed to be replaced, the other scuffs were smoothed down and left as is,,,,battle scars.

So reduced lighting/vision, plays a huge factor.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Yeah , for sure guys. Lots of things to look at for night ridin. Many of us don't see as well at night as we used too:( (Sugar Bear is in the guilty group on that one:eek:) The varmits are about in full force at night. The damn deer, an encounter with a bike, we both lose.

I think the deer would be better suited to be in the oven roastin, or in the skillet fryin instead of killin riders, just me here.

In So IN, several riders die each year, thanks to Bambi.

Another fact, at night there are the drunks and dopers movin.
Here is one you guys may not have thought of: At night there are the young folk (well,don't have to be young) drivin around with someones hand or other body parts upon the crotch of the driver:eek: Now that is a distraction, I figger.
Be careful and alert night ridin, seems they are all out to get you:eek:

Ride Safe:cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts