Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a member now for about 9 months and have met a few of you all. I must say that we truly are a diverse group...We all start with one (or two) of the models that are made by Yammy (or any one of many other manufacturers) and then we make them our own....I would dare to say that not two are the same and each speaks to our own personalities. Whether it be baggers, rats or long haul rolling baraloungers....we share a love of motorcycles and of riding, wind in the face, enjoying something that only a few experience.

Cheers.

Toymaker

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts
It's interesting you posted this. This morning I'm reading articles that speak to motorcycle ownership and stats. Here a few of the stats.

Who Rides Motorcycles Today?
California leads the US in total motorcycle registrations, with just over 800,000 total vehicles registered.
When per capita ownership rates are considered, South Dakota comes out on top, with there being 12 people for every motorcycle owned. New Hampshire comes in second at 17 people for every motorcycle owned.
Mississippi has the fewest number of registered motorcycle owners in the US, coming in with 2,000 fewer owners than even low population states like Rhode Island, Wyoming, and Vermont.
The average motorcyclist who joins a biking association has ridden a motorcycle for at least 26 years.
The average annual household income for motorcycle owners: $85,300.
More than 1.5 billion miles are covered by motorcycles every year.
The average age of a motorcyclist in the United States: 48.
26% of motorcycle owners have at a 4 year college degree. Another 16% have gone on to study post-graduate work.
On-road riding happens 2x more often than off-road riding with the average motorcycle.
Motorcycle owners who ride frequently are more likely to share information about themselves and join associations compared to low frequency riders, which may skew some of the demographic information.

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts
Who Is Purchasing Motorcycles Today?
22% of all new motorcycle purchases come from first-time buyers. This figure has remained relatively stable since 2001.
The average age of a motorcycle owner has increased from 40 to 48 years of age since 2001.
From 2003-2008, the number of US households purchasing motorcycles climbed by 26%. During the same period of time, the number of overall US households climbed just 5%.
For Generation X riders, women make up 15% of the demographic, the largest female demographic there is.
Baby Boomers outnumber Millennials as motorcycle owners at a 4-to-1 ratio.
30% of motorcycle owners perform all of their own maintenance. Another 60% of owners say they do as much maintenance work as they are able to complete.
Sales volumes are nearly $1,000 higher per average transaction when owners feel like they’ve had a satisfying experience with their dealer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The average motorcyclist who joins a biking association has ridden a motorcycle for at least 26 years.just started back but I’ve been riding since I was 8
The average annual household income for motorcycle owners: $85,300.I WISH!!!!!!!!
The average age of a motorcyclist in the United States: 48.spot on, I’m 48
26% of motorcycle owners have at a 4 year college degree. Another 16% have gone on to study post-graduate work.i have a 2 year degree

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I am not in any of those groups....hhahah

63, riding since I was 14, make diddly squat since I am a teacher and now I don't remember where I was going with this......:/

T

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well I am not in any of those groups....hhahah

63, riding since I was 14, make diddly squat since I am a teacher and now I don't remember where I was going with this......:/

T
I'm with you Toymaker. I'll be 40 in March and just learned how to ride this past November. I've been working for Advance Auto working my way up the ladder. Although sitting on my rear at the corporate office staring at car parts all day can be boring at times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts