Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Rich, I felt like I was your co-rider...very well done...and was amazed in how bright, even in open daylight, are the SVTC's rear lights...and especially when Tony (ChiefGunner) went into vegetation created shadow. They became live. I am so impressed with that rearward visibility, that now I know what our rear end looks like, dawn, day, twilight, into full darkness. I always thought LED arrays were weak. Not any more...this vid showed me the what is what. Great ride guys...lots of twisties...

Post Edit: "Rich, I also re-watched this vid...and I wanted to compliment you...you have the 'mark' of a good and responsible rider....you at no time, felt you had to keep up, and tail-gate the rider in front of you. No...you enjoyed the ride, you made the ride your own...and that was that! That..my friend is the mark of a seasoned, mature rider. Nobody should worry, riding with you, in any group formation. Cheers!"

Joe

Registered

Rich, I felt like I was your co-rider...very well done...and was amazed in how bright, even in open daylight, are the SVTC's rear lights...and especially when Tony (ChiefGunner) went into vegetation created shadow. They became live. I am so impressed with that rearward visibility, that now I know what our rear end looks like, dawn, day, twilight, into full darkness. I always though LED arrays were weak. Not any more...this vid showed me the what is what. Great ride guys...lots of twisties...
Yeah, Rich was a real blessing to everybody for taking the videos. Thanks again Rich!
Now I have to go get my OWN camera setup to record my rides like you do. 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, Rich was a real blessing to everybody for taking the videos. Thanks again Rich!
Not only that...Tony...but he didn't crowd you...and make you spend as much time looking ahead to those curves, as also in watching the the rider in back of you, and what he was doing. That...again stated, is the muted sign of a great, mature rider. A lot of other rider's ego-engines, make them feel they 'have to keep up', two inches behind the lead riders.... I was impressed that Rich felt no need....he was on 'personal' tour! :)

Joe

Registered
Not only that...Tony...but he didn't crowd you...and make you spend as much time looking ahead to those curves, as also in watching the the rider in back of you, and what he was doing. That...again stated, is the muted sign of a great, mature rider. A lot of other rider's ego-engines, make them feel they 'have to keep up', two inches behind the lead riders.... I was impressed that Rich felt no need....he was on 'personal' tour! /forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

Joe
I鈥檓 looking forward to possibly Rich and I headed back up there about the 3rd week of October when the color change really hits.
What say you Rich?

Registered
Nice ride! Slow enough through those curves the wind noise doesn鈥檛 overwhelm the 113 rumble... Heard one board scrape. Seems about right for that type of riding, but that has been an occasional complaint in reviews...that maybe the Venture touches down a little early. Owners?

Registered
Nice ride! Slow enough through those curves the wind noise doesn鈥檛 overwhelm the 113 rumble... Heard one board scrape. Seems about right for that type of riding, but that has been an occasional complaint in reviews...that maybe the Venture touches down a little early. Owners?
Don鈥檛 know if I鈥檇 call it 鈥渆arly鈥. You鈥檙e leaned over a SOLID 40+ degrees before they touch. I personally would like a little more, but you have to remember you鈥檙e flicking 963lbs through these corners almost like a sport bike. It handles extremely well. So much so that when you鈥檝e got her leaned over and dragging the floorboard solidly, she does not feel unstable at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts