Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have been riding for a while with the stock bars and I find on long rides the space between my shoulder blades starts to burn.

I have ridden a couple of my buddies bikes and found that the 12"-16" Ape Hangers gives a really comfortable riding position. I had PM'd forum member "newbie" but it looks like it's turned off on her account. I have a 2000 V-Star 1100 Classic. If anyone gets in touch with her or has a set of Ape Hangers, preferably with cables, etc., I would be interested in buying them.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have a set of Flanders 12.5" apes. They are as new, tried them on my old Nomad but never rode with them as I would have to change out brake hoses and cables so took them off. $75.00 OBO

·
Registered
114 Posts
I understand, I test rode an Ultra Classic last year, rode it all day and I get why a lot of people ride Harley's but for me I just couldn't justify spending $20,000.00 plus dollars for a scoot that doesn't do anything better than the Strat does for a LOT less money. There was a time thet you might buy a HD for the investment but not so anymore. I see a lot of them for sale that have very little miles on them an wonder why you would spend that kind of money and not ride the bike??? Must be because they are too afraid of getting too far from home and break down. That's just my opinion.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
I understand, I test rode an Ultra Classic last year, rode it all day and I get why a lot of people ride Harley's but for me I just couldn't justify spending $20,000.00 plus dollars for a scoot that doesn't do anything better than the Strat does for a LOT less money. There was a time thet you might buy a HD for the investment but not so anymore. I see a lot of them for sale that have very little miles on them an wonder why you would spend that kind of money and not ride the bike??? Must be because they are too afraid of getting too far from home and break down. That's just my opinion.
I'll admit that a Road King was in the running for a very very short time before I laid eyes on a Strato-S back in August 2010.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts