Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently stuck with a gas cap that is keyed differently than the ignition and storage compartment.

I am looking to purchase or trad for the following parts all keyed to the same key:
Ignition
Gas Cap (or just like cylinder if it is replaceable)
Lock cylinder for storage compartment cover
Helmet Lock

I would really like to only use 1 key - I don't like keys :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.
The only $10 ones I see are missing the keys and have one or two locks drilled out.

Do you have a link to one I'm not finding?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
My bad - I wasn't looking closely enough. You are correct.

Looks like about $100 for a full set - don't know how that compares to dealer prices.

Might also run by a real locksmith - I've had keys cut before to match various locks, essentially a master key. Not sure what they would charge, but worth a call or stop in.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a line on a set at a local salvage yard, but they don't have a key for it. They are trying to get a key and I am going to follow up with them tomorrow. They quoted me around $75 for the whole set.

I also found out the dealer can order keys for $10 if you have the 6-digit code, and I found a locksmith that charges less than $40 to make two keys if I bring the lock set into him.

All in all I should be able to get everything local for less than $100.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Done and done.
Less than $75 for a complete set with a key. I got them all installed yesterday without any problems. Bikes sure are easier to work on than cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts