Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to swap out the rear shock on the '04 V Star 1100 as I am a portly gentleman and I regularly ride 2-up with the wife. Been reading the Wiki Knowledge Base and this appears to be a safe place to start. Looking for the standard shock and spring assembly to swap in. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm pretty sure I have a stock Roadstar spring which is all you need for the swap since I believe you can use your existing shock assembly. If this is accurate, I can look this weekend for the spring if you'd like...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That'd be great!! If you do come across it give me a PM and we can work out the details. Thank you.

·
Registered
251 Posts
That'd be great!! If you do come across it give me a PM and we can work out the details. Thank you.
As I thought about the spring, I realized I may have given it to someone years ago in a similar situation....had some time so I checked. I have 6 bins of parts and checked all of them. It was gone, so I suspect that's what happened. Sucks getting old with diminished memory. I didn't want to delay since someone else with a spring could respond. A spring upgrade on a Roadstar is very common, so hopefully someone can help you with a stock spring. If you don't find one here, Tim over at Metric Magic sells a lot of used parts very reasonably priced and should be able to help you. Sorry and Good luck!

Metric-Magic Home Page

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for checking on that for me! I'll have to check out the Metric Magic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts