Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warped the bottom piece of the stock risers while putting on HR1 extensions, so only need that piece or entire stock risers. If anyone has upgraded and has the stock ones lying around, please let me know what you'd be willing to part with them for.
Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
backroadbiker

Warped the bottom piece of the stock risers while putting on HR1 extensions, so only need that piece or entire stock risers. If anyone has upgraded and has the stock ones lying around, please let me know what you'd be willing to part with them for.
Thanks.
I have a pair of stock H/B risers in new condition from my Roadliner, I would take $65, and that would cover my shipping.
If interested, e-mail > [email protected]

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rayvin I'm curious how you did that (so I don't make the same mistake)?

Got a pic of what it looks like?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
In a brain-dead moment, I tried loosening the jam nuts holding the bolts on the top by leveraging the lower part of the risers on the garage floor. This put excessive pressure on the thinest part of the lower riser part and it bent. I then bent it back, which cracked one side of the middle thin part. The HR1 risers fit with it fine and everything seems to be strong enough (and I'm riding with them like this), but I'll feel better without using the cracked part. The proper way to loosen the jam nut, btw, is to apply heat to it while holding the top of the bolt with a hex wrench. I overestimated the strength of the lower part of the riser.
Duh!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts