Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the OEM seat on my 2006 Stratoliner and wish to buy a rider's back rest to fit it. Does anyone have the OEM back rest to part with?

Are there other back rests that will work with the OEM seat?

Thanks in Advance folks.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Possible grasshopper may fit it. About us
I have one on my 950. It does hit me a little high on my back but I just have not taken the time to tweak it. Pretty simple to install.

Reactions: Boog

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Possible grasshopper may fit it. About us
I have one on my 950. It does hit me a little high on my back but I just have not taken the time to tweak it. Pretty simple to install.
Thanks Redbird, I ordered one of theirs and will see how it goes. At almost $300 less than the Yamaha OEM back rest, it is kind of hard to pass up.

Reactions: Redbird58

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
The hardest part for me was getting the mounting bracket attached to the rear pillion mount. The garage was wicked hot and the lighting was horrible but I managed. If I could make one small change to mine it would be the height is too tall by about an inch or less and it pushes forward slightly too much but it is flexible enough to where it does not bother me too much if I lean back but I have yet to take it on any long rides to see if it becomes a problem. I think the metal is powder coated so I did not want to make a slight change here or there and cause it to rust just by being too picky.

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Redbird58 if you don't mind, would you show me a few shots from different angles of you set up. I read the reviews and most give it either 4 or 5 stars and mention very little about installation issues.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
The install was pretty straight forward...The install environment was tough. It was hot the day I installed it and my garage was really hot. Getting the bolts lined up with bad eyes with sweat running into them was not pleasant. But the seat hardware was easy...My personal challenges were my issue...LOL These are some of the shots I had from scavenger hunt targets. I can get more this weekend after I get off of work if needed.
must.jpg
thurn1.jpg
gh.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That works @Redbird58. Your pillion seat seems to be different than mine though. Is yours after market?
2006 Strat.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@Redbird58 got it on the bike tonight, seems to be made for me so far. I'll give it a few days and let you know.
20200721_182611.jpg

Reactions: Redbird58
1 - 9 of 9 Posts