Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright group... My bike is giving me issues, and I am going to rip my hair out.

I have a 2000 XVS1100 with just over 40,000 miles. Recently (within the past two weeks) she has started to give me problems.

"Sometimes" when I hit the start button, nothing happens. No whirring... No clicking... No dimming of the headlamps. The bike is in Neutral (indicator on), kill switch is in run position, Oil level is good, Kickstand up/down has no affect, clutch in/out has no affect, in-gear w/ clutch in and kickstand up has no affect.

When this happens, I can bump it up to 4th and push start it with no issue... just takes about 10 feet and roars to life. I can immediately kill the bike, and it will start again with no problems.

This has only happened one time when it was convenient to pull the tank/air-box and take voltage readings/check relays and diodes, and they all tested fine.

I have taken apart my start switch and taken emory cloth to the contacts and sprayed them down with electrical parts cleaner.

For what it is worth, I do have gremlin bells hanging off the bell-hangers under the transmission...

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Robert "Sly" Schleich
SSMC MAL
SSMC National Webmaster

·
Registered
257 Posts
Sounds to me like you have a starter wiring issue but, just to be safe, get a new Gremlin bell...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts