Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I would like to remove the Heel toe shifter and replace it with a one piece toe shifter and was wondering if anyone knows if there were any other Yamaha models that would be a straight swap (plus the linkage) or a close swap with minimum modifications
Thanks for your input :grin:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd like to know this, too. I NEVER use the heel shifter, and it keeps me from moving my foot backwards on the board. Might be nice to change leg positions once in a while.

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
About a week after I got my classic 650 I very carefully cut the heel pad off the shifter with a 4 1/2" angle grinder with a cutting wheel.

a month later I took the shifter off the bike and cut the entire heel lever off completely.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Going to butt in and give my two cents here...once you get used to the heel, you'll never go back. That being said, I am jealous of the heel toe shifter on my buddy's road star. The heel portion is more like a small paddle blade, rather than the long piece that I have on my Royal Star. I have thought about going to that.

You never miss the back end being so small and it leaves plenty of room for your foot.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts