Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The delivery of my SVTC was very slipshod and has me wondering if some kind of Y.E.S. "certificate"/document is part of the delivery paperwork or is the warranty just tied to the VIN#?
I can't recall if I received a certificate for previous Y.E.S. coverages on my other Yamahas.

·
Registered
440 Posts
The delivery of my SVTC was very slipshod and has me wondering if some kind of Y.E.S. "certificate"/document is part of the delivery paperwork or is the warranty just tied to the VIN#?
I can't recall if I received a certificate for previous Y.E.S. coverages on my other Yamahas.
VmaxJoe it should have been with your paperwork. There isn't a certificate just part of the 5 year warranty. Either way if you bought new from the dealer then the YES warranty is included. If no paperwork is found it is tied to your vin so call the corp number and they will confirm. There is a SVTC number that you can call 800.656.7695

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks GARider. Figured it may be tied to the VIN.
After my last few Yamaha purchases there's been a little time before follow-up mailings from the mothership. Maybe some mention of the extended warranty will be in there.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Thanks GARider. Figured it may be tied to the VIN.
After my last few Yamaha purchases there's been a little time before follow-up mailings from the mothership. Maybe some mention of the extended warranty will be in there.
Yes that maybe true.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tried the YES site before...still getting the message the VIN can't be found. Maybe because I purchased the bike new just before Xmas???

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Tried the YES site before...still getting the message the VIN can't be found. Maybe because I purchased the bike new just before Xmas???
It can take a bit for the info of the purchase to populate through the system, but you needn’t worrry. You have the purchase documents and like has already been stated.. the Y.E.S. IS included in the purchase. In my case and it sounds like others as well, the “YES” coverage document was include with all my sales papers. It really is disturbing to hear of so many dealerships doing such “half-assed” jobs on so many fronts.
Dumb question but.... Have you asked the dealer for the paperwork? It’s not like a legal document listing your VIN and signed etc... It’s just a pamphlet that lists specific coverage and exclusion under the YES program.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts