Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I'm Lyle. 54 years old, been riding since I was 15, varied selection of dual sport and road bikes. Standard progression, new Honda SL175 in high school then a CB 350. Next was an Elsinore followed by a Yamaha RD350. Stepped up to a 650 Special then onto a Kawasaki 750 with a fairing. Had an XS 850 Yamaha then moved up to the 1100 Special which I drunkenly smashed into a phone pole at 100 mph. Stopped drinking that night! Spent the last 15 years on an 83 Suzuki 1100 GK with the fairing and hard bags. Last year I bought an 83 Honda XL 600 to get back to my dual sport roots. This summer I passed the Suzuki on to one of my sons and bought myself a 2007 Yamaha VStar 1300. There you have it, me in a nutshell.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I think I see your problem, Lyle: you haven't had enough motorcycles!

Most wise to stay off the sauce....especially if you expect to stay on two wheels.

Welcome, stay safe, and congrats on moving up in class. Make sure to visit the Daily Ride thread when the spirit moves you.......

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome from where ever i may be :D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard Lyle.Very nice portfolio of scooters.Glad to see you step up to star.
Be safe and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hi Lyle, hope you enjoy the 1300. Sounds like you have had experience with a lot of different bikes. You were pretty lucky to have survived the crash, ya have to watch out for those poles when they jump out at ya!:) Ride safe!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts