·
Super Moderator
4,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
4,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SVTC is $200 a day. Only at one location that I could find.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I almost rented a Harley in Hawaii, but a limo was cheaper and we could all ride together so we rode around Oahu in a limo for a week. Just a older guy who owned a limo 100.00 dollars a day almost no limit on time.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I do know they rent Harley's around here. Harley is kinda popular around here. I am just too cheap to spend the big cash pile on one.
Me too !
I especially like the sound of Harleys but can't see forking out 5 - 10,000.00 more for the name.

My cousin who rode for over 50 years only rode Metrics until the last 15 years or so.
Earlier, I asked him why not HD, he said I'd rather ride than work on my bike.
He belonged to a motorcycle club in nearby large city with many members. During the 70's - 90's when they would go on long rides he said when they stopped for lunch, they would tell the Harley guys to go get started cranking about 15 minutes before they were ready to leave.
All of that has changed now. I know HD quality has gotten better over the years. He now owns 3 HD.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
One of the top risk factors for riding a MC is riding a new or different bike.

I think that is part of the reason that motorcycle rentals are hard to find and expensive.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
^ they can ask how many years you have been riding

for that risk factor it does not matter - if you have been riding 1 bike for a few years you get very much intune with it, and do a lot of things from muscle memory

when you jump on a different bike all that works against you - the throttle response is different in corners and turns, the balance feels different when you stop to put your foot down

you have to ride very conservatively on a new bike - dealers can tell you this - a LOT of new bike owners crash on the way home from the dealer

some dont make it out of the parking lot.

·
Registered
247 Posts
^
when you jump on a different bike all that works against you - the throttle response is different in corners and turns, the balance feels different when you stop to put your foot down

you have to ride very conservatively on a new bike - dealers can tell you this - a LOT of new bike owners crash on the way home from the dealer

some dont make it out of the parking lot.
Very true.:laugh:
Riding a motorcycle is like riding a bicycle, you never forget how.
But riding a different bike is well....... different

I just started riding again after 40 years of being away. When looking for a bike, I rode several different brands. Like you said they balance different, brake different & turn different.
You know it when you find the right bike, it just feels right. But when you first get on a different bike you got to take it easy til you adjust to clutch, brakes, controls, etc.
Spot on KCW

1 - 11 of 11 Posts