Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2012 Yamaha V Star 950
111 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for a seat for my 950. I like the Yamaha comfort cruise seat but don’t see any info/feedback out there from anyone, what seat do you guys have?

· Registered
2,464 Posts
Reaction score
Mustang on my 950. The OEM ass torturing device I could only ride about 45 min before I had to get off and re-establish feeling in my backside but as a senior citizen I do have that condition known as noassatall...Taking meds for it but the Mustang seemed to help along with the Grasshopper back rest!. There are a few places that re- manufacture the OEM seat. Mean City Cycles is one and I am sure there are others.

· Registered
123 Posts
Reaction score
Here's my solution - works great, been using on multiple bikes for years. Toilet lid cover stuffed with a layer of foam and non-skid on the bottom, with a strap to hold it down. And it doesn't cost $700.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Fender Eyewear Personal protective equipment

Reactions: Brad_G

· Registered
75 Posts
Reaction score
The OEM ass torturing device I could only ride about 45 min before I had to get off and re-establish feeling in my backside but as a senior citizen I do have that condition known as noassatall...
I'm not a senior citizen and the OEM torture device had the same effect on me. For my Custom, my nephew found me a Mustang 1 piece seat on FBM for $50. Major improvement. That $50 seat for the Custom allowed me to spend the $$$ for the new Mustang for my Silverado.

· Registered
2008 V-Star 1300 Tourer
1,130 Posts
Reaction score
My bike came with an "Ultimate" seat. I would not have bought one otherwise probably due to the cost. I have had OEM seats, Mustang seats (on two bikes) and now the Ultimate seat. Out of the three, the Ultimate wins as far as comfort, the Mustang seat was a vast improvement over the OEM and was fine.

Just looked-up current pricing for my configuration of the Ultimate seat on their Website, the seat would cost $965 plus Tax. 😲 To rich for my blood...... I guess it's no problem for many people though.

· Registered
2008 V-Star 1300 Tourer
1,130 Posts
Reaction score
Finally got my seat!
Tell us what you got. Assume you got the "Yamaha comfort cruise seat ". Maybe write a review of the seat and how you like it. Details like how much it cost and where you got it would be interesting.

Congrats for getting a new seat, has to be an improvement over OEM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts