Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
ChiefFunner ... If you are watching this at work. Some work places have proxies that slow down the playing in one web browser vs another.
Chief “FUNNER”? Lol!
I’m ALWAYS at work Scrumdown.
I own my own business and my cell phone (this one) is with me 24/7
It why I have an unlimited talk & data plan.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I also found interesting the comment that the 1854 c.c. V-Twin makes more torque than the V-Max. It is clearly stated, and not merely implied.

So, less engine height, better fuel mileage (being seen by most all posting owners), greater torque than both V-4 versions of the prior and current model that carries that engine, and 110 mph, on any bike, is 110 mph, if you need to run down the road at that speed. I don't...now, with this bike so much fun to ride and operate, I have in fact (as I stated already) dropped my average highway speed, 15 mph lower) than my mostly always, 75 mph cruise on my Wing....for I am so enjoying the entire ride envelope, getting there faster, is no longer a ride equation. It is the total ride, that now is the equation. Same feelings for my co-riding wife. We are relaxed, love the road feel of this bike, love the 'thrum' of the matured pipes....simply love the whole envelope. 60 mph cruise is now very cool with us....BUT, I will use the full torque and throttle for passing on two lanes, always. When I need that performance, man...it is there! :)

The actual comment, not implied, that the older V-4 and its current version, the Max, need twice the rpm to bring on that engine configuration's max torque was also a 'ear note' for me. They need over 6,000 rpm, while my SVTC produces max torque at less than 2,700 rpm. So more actual torque, at half the rev's needed by the V-4's, and a more quiet less high buzz output. There were many reasons that they went to this type of motor and NOT as so many current V-4 owners like to espouse...they did it because it was a 'cheaper' route. Not at all....that is just plain 'fake news'...lol.

BTW Chief, they clearly low-balled (really low balled...) the estimated MPG figure, for even in this video, he clearly again stated that we claim 34 mpg, but other riders "have gotten more". No kidding sir...no kidding, 'have we got more!!!!'

Like 33 percent more, all the time...every tank...:)

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hi there Joe! Just thought I’d let you know there’s an issue playing this.
I had to copy and past the address to open into YouTube & play it.
Hi Tony...on the posted link, I merely click on it, and it takes me to the YouTube running of it. Could be just twitches, here and there, lol.

A great vid, that should be posted on the other forum's SVTC board....I can't...I'm not a member.

It really debunks some 'fake' news, lol...and inaccurate current opinions held by some present V4 owners on the 'hows and why' of this bike...and WHY Yamaha put in the engine specification they did. The V-4 simply would not have enabled them to produce the bike they wanted to release to market.

I am seeing a steady and paced 'uptake' by other riders to replace their whatever rides with the SVTC and Eluder. It is a very expensive motorcycle, and that in my mind, is what is making it a slower up-take than for ANY other reason. It is a LOT of money! If you can afford one...it is a LOT of motorcycle... I have not read on any site, anywhere, an SVTC or Eluder buyer's remorse post. I have seen tons of Honda ST1800 buyer's remorse and 'for sale'....posts. Yamaha got this bike right...and right outta the gate. It is expensive...and the ridership buying them, makes that select. Every month, more and more will come onto the forums that support the SVTC and Eluder...and slowly will swell the ranks.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I also found interesting the comment that the 1854 c.c. V-Twin makes more torque than the V-Max. It is clearly stated, and not merely implied.

So, less engine height, better fuel mileage (being seen by most all posting owners), greater torque than both V-4 versions of the prior and current model that carries that engine, and 110 mph, on any bike, is 110 mph, if you need to run down the road at that speed. I don't...now, with this bike so much fun to ride and operate, I have in fact (as I stated already) dropped my average highway speed, 15 mph lower) than my mostly always, 75 mph cruise on my Wing....for I am so enjoying the entire ride envelope, getting there faster, is no longer a ride equation. It is the total ride, that now is the equation. Same feelings for my co-riding wife. We are relaxed, love the road feel of this bike, love the 'thrum' of the matured pipes....simply love the whole envelope. 60 mph cruise is now very cool with us....BUT, I will use the full torque and throttle for passing on two lanes, always. When I need that performance, man...it is there! :)

The actual comment, not implied, that the older V-4 and its current version, the Max, need twice the rpm to bring on that engine configuration's max torque was also a 'ear note' for me. They need over 7,000 rpm, while my SVTC produces max torque at less than 2,700 rpm. So more actual torque, at half the rev's needed by the V-4's, and a more quiet less high buzz output. There were many reasons that they went to this type of motor and NOT as so many current V-4 owners like to espouse...they did it because it was a 'cheaper' route. Not at all....that is just plain 'fake news'...lol.

BTW Chief, they clearly low-balled (really low balled...) the estimated MPG figure, for even in this video, he clearly again stated that we claim 34 mpg, but other riders "have gotten more". No kidding sir...no kidding, 'have we got more!!!!'

Like 33 percent more, all the time...every tank...:)

Has anyone mention fun yet, I mean really this bike is fun to ride. What a sports car feel, darn it I like this bike, it's fun, real fun, its the most agile large bike I have ever owned.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Has anyone mention fun yet, I mean really this bike is fun to ride. What a sports car feel, darn it I like this bike, it's fun, real fun, its the most agile large bike I have ever owned.
Oh yes...at least I have mentioned over a dozen times on forums, how much fun this bike is!!!!

That, is the true one main reason that I/we now run on the highways at 60 mph, with the music and Intercom in both helmets. Also, Bitchin' Betty, if the Nav is on...lol

This bike also for myself, is the most fun bike I have every ridden. You have it all, in this bike...sportiness of handle, great road feel, smooth as a multi cylinder, the 'emotional' ride that all my Wings lacked. You have it all in this bike. I have not (gawd's honest truth) ridden my Kawasaki Sport Tour 2004 750 four, ZR-7S, since I got the SVTC on May 6th. I feel as guilty as all get out, about that...and I will have to come to some kind of reasoning and conclusion. To have a King-class, dedicated grand luxury tour bike, that satisfies my sport-ride part of my personality...was simply unheard of to date. I have always owned two motorcycles for that very reason. I needed to take some 'twisty time out there...and hitched a leg over my Sport Tour. I needed to go to the other side of the Continent for a great cup of coffee...and sip by the ocean....the leg slipped over the dedicated Grand Tour ride.

Now? Now?????? Both needs are met by one ride. I have a redundant motorcycle sitting in my garage, costing me money, and not being taken out. I have to make a decision.... and sometime will.... I love my Kawasaki...but, since owning the SVTC...I have not taken it out once....and that's not a good reason to have it sitting there. The SVTC will rock you, upon any road, you want to lead her out onto...any road....

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Chief “FUNNER”? Lol!
"Tony...your on-line personality has always been 'fun'...So...ChiefFunner sound's good to me, too."

So...ChiefFunner...how was your ride today? I'll bet you...it was FUN! :)

Joe

·
Registered
445 Posts
Oh yes...at least I have mentioned over a dozen times on forums, how much fun this bike is!!!!

That, is the true one main reason that I/we now run on the highways at 60 mph, with the music and Intercom in both helmets. Also, Bitchin' Betty, if the Nav is on...lol

This bike also for myself, is the most fun bike I have every ridden. You have it all, in this bike...sportiness of handle, great road feel, smooth as a multi cylinder, the 'emotional' ride that all my Wings lacked. You have it all in this bike. I have not (gawd's honest truth) ridden my Kawasaki Sport Tour 2004 750 four, ZR-7S, since I got the SVTC on May 6th. I feel as guilty as all get out, about that...and I will have to come to some kind of reasoning and conclusion. To have a King-class, dedicated grand luxury tour bike, that satisfies my sport-ride part of my personality...was simply unheard of to date. I have always owned two motorcycles for that very reason. I needed to take some 'twisty time out there...and hitched a leg over my Sport Tour. I needed to go to the other side of the Continent for a great cup of coffee...and sip by the ocean....the leg slipped over the dedicated Grand Tour ride.

Now? Now?????? Both needs are met by one ride. I have a redundant motorcycle sitting in my garage, costing me money, and not being taken out. I have to make a decision.... and sometime will.... I love my Kawasaki...but, since owning the SVTC...I have not taken it out once....and that's not a good reason to have it sitting there. The SVTC will rock you, upon any road, you want to lead her out onto...any road....
Hehehe, You called the nav Bitchin Betty. Too funny.
I am glad I was able to fulfill both types of rides as well. Sport cruiser - who would have thunkit.

·
Registered
445 Posts
"Tony...your on-line personality have always been 'fun'...So...ChiefFunner sound's good to me, too."

So...ChiefFunner...how was your ride today? I'll bet you...it was FUN! :)

Joe
I wasn't going to comment but now I feel the need, I agree with YPE. Even more "funner" on FaceTime....hehehe
How can someone not be fun when they have a seat like you do and all those lights, funner I tell ya. 😜😉

·
Registered
1,963 Posts

So, less engine height, better fuel mileage (being seen by most all posting owners), greater torque than both V-4 versions of the prior and current model that carries that engine, and 110 mph, on any bike, is 110 mph, if you need to run down the road at that speed. I don't...now, with this bike so much fun to ride and operate, I have in fact (as I stated already) dropped my average highway speed, 15 mph lower) than my mostly always, 75 mph cruise on my Wing....for I am so enjoying the entire ride envelope, getting there faster, is no longer a ride equation. It is the total ride, that now is the equation. Same feelings for my co-riding wife. We are relaxed, love the road feel of this bike, love the 'thrum' of the matured pipes....simply love the whole envelope. 60 mph cruise is now very cool with us....BUT, I will use the full torque and throttle for passing on two lanes, always. When I need that performance, man...it is there! /forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

The actual comment, not implied, that the older V-4 and its current version, the Max, need twice the rpm to bring on that engine configuration's max torque was also a 'ear note' for me. They need over 7,000 rpm, while my SVTC produces max torque at less than 2,700 rpm. So more actual torque, at half the rev's needed by the V-4's, and a more quiet less high buzz output. There were many reasons that they went to this type of motor and NOT as so many current V-4 owners like to espouse...they did it because it was a 'cheaper' route. Not at all....that is just plain 'fake news'...lol.

Like 33 percent more, all the time...every tank.../forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

Cmon & preach to the CHOIR Rich! We don’t mind!
But I do agree with you 100% that this bike is loads of FUN! It is so rock steady in corners it’s deceptive of its weight.
Slow speed handling & balance or cutting up the twisty’s, you’d never know the weight of this bike unless someone told you.

She’s fun for sure, and MAN does she have some SEXY LINES! I get people EVERY TIME I park coming over to Oogle eye it.
I think Joe has a great idea to carry some brochures with you. I might have to try that!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Chief “FUNNER”? Lol!
"Tony...your on-line personality has always been 'fun'...So...ChiefFunner sound's good to me, too."

So...ChiefFunner...how was your ride today? I'll bet you...it was FUN! /forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

Joe
It WAS!! And probably “FUNNER” than yours! 😂

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
"Tony...your on-line personality have always been 'fun'...So...ChiefFunner sound's good to me, too."

So...ChiefFunner...how was your ride today? I'll bet you...it was FUN! /forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

Joe
I wasn't going to comment but now I feel the need, I agree with YPE. Even more "funner" on FaceTime....hehehe
How can someone not be fun when they have a seat like you do and all those lights, funner I tell ya. 😜😉
All the better to see that MILE WIDE GRIN on my face in the evening. I chose not to hide it witha full face helmet.
Since we ALL know and have a WIDE grin while riding, I say STOP HIDING IT!

Ride WIDE with PRIDE baby!

·
Registered
691 Posts
6.6 gallon fuel tank-220 mile range. Nice!
You can get far better more range that 220 miles, this bike has been documented to get fuel mileage as high as 47 MPG and routinely gets 43 to 44 MPG.

6 gallons x 43 MPG = 258 miles.

That still leaves you with .6 of a gallon fuel in tank.

I have had two tanks of fuel that I recored 47 MPG and YamahaParExcellence has also recorded fuel mileage as high as 47 MPG.

6 gallons X 47 MPG = 282 miles.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You can get far better more range that 220 miles, this bike has been documented to get fuel mileage as high as 47 MPG and routinely gets 43 to 44 MPG.

6 gallons x 43 MPG = 258 miles.

That still leaves you with .6 of a gallon fuel in tank.

I have had two tanks of fuel that I recored 47 MPG and YamahaParExcellence has also recorded fuel mileage as high as 47 MPG.

6 gallons X 47 MPG = 282 miles.
"Yep".... :)

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
6.6 gallon fuel tank-220 mile range. Nice!
Most of us, myself included since my valve repair job are getting 40mpg minimum!
That gives you 264 miles on a tank!
Some are seeing more than that.

The bottom line is that the 34mpg reported and advertised by Yamaha is SERIOUSLY lowballed!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts