Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new guy to the Star world here. I just purchased my V-Star 1300 Deluxe and ordered the Factory Sissy Bar, mounting brackets, etc. and the passanger floorboards.
I would like to get a jump on planning for the install of the sissy bar and am wondering if anybody has a step by step on how to do this.
I have done a search but couldn't locate anything.
Thanks in advance,
Marty

·
Registered
332 Posts
It's going to be so easy you won't believe it. There are two bolts going through the metal eyebrows on each side of your fender. You'll take those out and put longer bolts through your two new metal sissy bar support brackets for each side of the fender. The backrest/sissy bar will have two vertical poles with a couple holes that fit down into the tops of those brackets. Tighten everything down, admire your work, and go for a ride.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I found that on the Deluxe I had to remove the hard saddlebags to do the install. The bags are held on with four fasteners each. The fasteners have thread locker on them so they will seem extremely tight but they will break loose. Don't forget to be careful with the iPod connector and wiring in the left bag. IIRC correctly the wiring will unplug so you can set the bag aside.

The install is straight forward as Ben outlines above but you will have to sort out the spacers to get the right spacing between the fender and eyebrows and the sissy bar attachment.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys!
I was afraid I might have to remove the wheel to do it. Since I have just made a move and don't yet have my motorcycle lift or jack with me I was hoping I didn't.
Thanks for the good info, it's a relief to know it's that easy to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts