Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
http://www.motorcyclegear.com sells rev-it jackets and gear. they sell closeout and discontinued riding gear. I got my RPHA carbon fiber helmet from them a few years ago for $125. I have never seen another carbon fiber full face helment anywhere for that kind of price.

they also have reviews from customers on their website.

Thats not a yamaha jacket, its made by Rev-it with a yamaha logo. Check out the prices on the motorcyclegear website, and see how much more you are paying for those 6 letters sewn on from ebay.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Really like this jacket but don't like buying something that I can't try on and see for myself. Has anyone had one of these and if so how do you like it? What are the pros and cons and how is the fit?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Jupiter-Motorcycle-Jacket-by-Revit-Black-Hydratex-Waterproofing-Liner/142937295898?var=441912197154
I like this jacket better...high Yamaha logo visibility,...and the price is great:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Yamaha-Classic-Speed-Block-Jacket-Motorcycle-Sportbike-Bike-Black-White/222191036508?hash=item33bb9e285c:m:mUMKOWkrqiXtY3hu1StTZ_w:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. Been trying to get by with cheaper jackets that don't fit very well. Finally trying to find the one that I like in looks fit and comfort. Your info helps.

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
Ive been using the same Tourmaster 3 season jacket for the last 6 years. Its a mesh jacket with two zip-in layers, one is a wind breaker and the other is a thermal layer. Works good for me from 40F up to 90.

I think they changed their name to Cortex, or merged with them. I see both names on websites, and I have a pair of Cortex mesh pants, which appears to be made by the same company.

When I have the time to drag my camera and tripod out so I can take a photo of my self with all my gear on and my bikes, I intend to start an ATGATT thread. It will be interesting to hear what riding gear everyone wears.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive been using the same Tourmaster 3 season jacket for the last 6 years. Its a mesh jacket with two zip-in layers, one is a wind breaker and the other is a thermal layer. Works good for me from 40F up to 90.

I think they changed their name to Cortex, or merged with them. I see both names on websites, and I have a pair of Cortex mesh pants, which appears to be made by the same company.

When I have the time to drag my camera and tripod out so I can take a photo of my self with all my gear on and my bikes, I intend to start an ATGATT thread. It will be interesting to hear what riding gear everyone wears.
I have also been looking a the Tourmaster. In fact found the other while looking. How is the fit. I am 6 ft tall 210 lbs and a 47 inch chest. If I order I want to be sure and get the correct size

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
I have a large and its marked 44. We are the same size within a few pounds. You might be a bit more muscular than me. I have 34 or 35" arm length in a shirt, and this jacket covers the gauntlets in my gloves fine for me.

It would not hurt to get the next size up, whatever is above a 44 large.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts