Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Awesome! Hey 1979 was a good year, a real fine year. I wouldn't be here without that year. (And here I am giving my age away. Haha.)

I'm a Yamaha girl. Started on a Yamaha Special 400. Two years ago was on a FZ6. And now I have the glorious V Star 950.

Great photos Chedobean. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
297 Posts
Back then, 70's, had a Honda 450 which was a great ride, as well! But prior had a 80 cc Yamaha road bike and now own my vstar 950 tourer. Probably experiencing different bikes allows one to compare. However, over the years I have found families have dictated what breed whether truck, vehicle, motorcycle or snowmobile. Lots of fun in clubs with harassing just for fun! Left many challenges for the enthusists who researched the mechanics, speed and newest technology being developed by manufacturers. Love to read the different discussions, opinions and ideas from all!
Ride safe and enjoy!~YammyV

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Yeah, that's me in both shots, 19 and 57. Sad 'ain't it..
Both shots taken by my brother too.
Sad? NO! When I saw that photo I thought that we must be about the same age...well, I'm 57 also and I've always told my wife I was going to do like Sean Connery...keep getting better-looking, the older I get...I think you're doing the same thing, chedobean! Besides, even if I could have my young body back, I wouldn't want to be as dumb as I was then. Note that I said AS dumb...I can still be a numbskull at times :wink:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sad? NO! When I saw that photo I thought that we must be about the same age...well, I'm 57 also and I've always told my wife I was going to do like Sean Connery...keep getting better-looking, the older I get...I think you're doing the same thing, chedobean! Besides, even if I could have my young body back, I wouldn't want to be as dumb as I was then. Note that I said AS dumb...I can still be a numbskull at times :wink:
Agreed, especially about the dumb part lol.
Though I'd love to have those young joints back, my bike setups these days seem to be all about not seizing up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts