Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday before Thanksgiving. Sacramento to Fieldbrook Ca. 804 miles total left 5:00am 33 degrees. After about 75 miles my hands were frozen and I had to take a leak at Cowboy Camp on Hwy 16. Damn forgot my hand warmers so I do the peepee dance until I warm up my hands and am able to work the zipper.I will post more pics when I get the chance. 1st pic is Cowboy Camp then Clearlake and Lake Mendencino.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Sounds like a great ride, maybe a little cold, but let's you appreciate when the weather is just right.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Starting to warm up about mid 40's, Leggett Ca. and the drive thru tree. Piercy Ca. and Confusion Hill. I love tourist traps.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
I tired fishing off the beach at Hatteras in the outer banks a few summers ago.

I never got a single bite the whole week I was there. Watching the pelicans drop out of the sky like bricks and come up with a fish everytime just made the fishing all that more... enjoyable

and frustrating... I could plainly see the fish were out there....

·
Registered
541 Posts
Great ride! Thanks for the pix.

I guess the fairing provides a bit better protection from the cold wind than a plain windscreen? Nothing prevents the chill in those temperatures, but keeping more of the breeze off would be helpful.

·
Super Moderator
6,088 Posts
Looks like a great trip and excellent photos, thanks for sharing! Beard looks like it kept your chin and neck warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It really is an incredible ride and yes the area around Hwy. 16 has great roads and views. The fairing helped but I was pretty layered up. I wear a 3/4 helmet and am thinking about face protection. My nose was cold. Here are a couple more of Cowboy Camp, My friend Yaqui, Leaving the drive-thru tree I thought it was a good omen for Thanksgiving and pulling up to the front yard of my buddies new place up in Fieldbrook. Ca.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Very nice, there are a lot of good rides up there and 16 is good. For other NCal riders, Pashnit.com is reorganizing and is now free, asking for donations if you feel like it. I think it's worth while and suggest checking it out if it's new to you. A good start is: Highway 36 | California Motorcycle Roads | Pashnit.

This is my first post here, I just picked up a V-Star 1100 as I've been without a bike for about 10 years. After going down for the 2nd time commuting to work, my wife put up a fuss. Now I retired and don't need to commute and get tempted to split lanes :). I'm still working the bike and will formally introduce myself and post pics in a few weeks but I've been enjoying reading and learning of all of your experiences here. Looking at good rides like this makes me want to post now. Later all,

Boots
Antioch, CA

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome Boots, About 20 minutes from my buddies place is Trinidad Ca. These are a few from our hike at the beach.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Beautiful. Looks like some good Abalone spots!

Boots
Antioch, CA

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Very nice, there are a lot of good rides up there and 16 is good. For other NCal riders, Pashnit.com is reorganizing and is now free, asking for donations if you feel like it. I think it's worth while and suggest checking it out if it's new to you. A good start is: Highway 36 | California Motorcycle Roads | Pashnit.

This is my first post here, I just picked up a V-Star 1100 as I've been without a bike for about 10 years. After going down for the 2nd time commuting to work, my wife put up a fuss. Now I retired and don't need to commute and get tempted to split lanes :). I'm still working the bike and will formally introduce myself and post pics in a few weeks but I've been enjoying reading and learning of all of your experiences here. Looking at good rides like this makes me want to post now. Later all,

Boots
Antioch, CA
Noticed this is your first post. Please post in New members sections so we get to know you.

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/6-new-member-introductions/

Pictures of ride are always welcome.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
^ thats weird, you have to post in the new member introduction section before you can post anywhere else

but he didnt

is everything in the universe coming unglued this week?! :^O

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
^ thats weird, you have to post in the new member introduction section before you can post anywhere else

but he didnt

Rules, you gotta follow rules? Sorry guys, I was lurking and reading hoping to get pretty pics before introducing myself. Now that I've done so in the appropriate forum, I will behave. :grin:

Boots
2002 V-Star 1100
Antioch, CA

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm kind of jealous of my friends property 10 acres almost half redwoods. He bought it for the house and the meadows. First one is on the road up to his house he didn't want to move. There's old stumps around his property. Goats, chickens and bees. Fruit trees and a nice garden.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My buddy bought this property for the house and meadow. After he bought it he was exploring and found this. A bear took out a plum tree near the driveway.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,111 Posts

but he didnt

because he has a premium membership. that comes with premium perks. and a member's only jacket.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I want a members only jacket. Me, Mike and Tom a couple of high school buddies hanging out. Leaving Mikes to McKinleyville. I have got to see the worlds tallest totem Pole.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
I tired fishing off the beach at Hatteras in the outer banks a few summers ago.

I never got a single bite the whole week I was there. Watching the pelicans drop out of the sky like bricks and come up with a fish everytime just made the fishing all that more... enjoyable

and frustrating... I could plainly see the fish were out there....
You have to go to the very tip of Hatteras. Past the museum. My wife and I go every year to fish and have our spot we stake claim to. You would need to either walk or have a 4x4 to reach it but it's nice to just sit on the beach all day without the crowds and fish. We caught a few crabs on the sound side this year as well.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts