Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Yamaha VStar 650
274 Posts
Can you tell us what you have already checked - hoping this might give some additional clues to help the diagnosis...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi i just get the bike out from the storage start it everything was fine after 1 hour i start it again and the noise is come , when i go for quick ride after 2000rpm noise go away

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
7,593 Posts
Several possible things. Sounds like a bearing squeal to me. It's definitely changes with rpm. Oil pressure builds with rpm and enough oil is then getting to bearing to quiet squeal. Have you checked oil level and/or changed it lately? Might possibly be a clutch basket squeal. Can you tell if noise is coming from high in engine, or low? Is noise more front, middle or real of engine? If you can, post picture of where you think squeal is coming from.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi oil change always done from dealer with yamaha oil ,last oil change is last year , i thinking the noise come from the top of the engine

·
7,593 Posts
I've listened to the video several times. Its hard to narrow it down. You said you think from top of engine. Not many parts that can make a squeaky noise.
Push rod (#13 and 14) rubbing on push rod tube?
Valve (#1) rubbing on valve seat (#5)?
Rocker arm (#8 and 9) assembly rubbing on shaft (#12)?

It does sound like a metal on metal sound. I wouldn't run the bike anymore until a cause is found so no more damage is done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks is positive to be from the oil? Also from siting from last year? What i have to do first?

·
7,593 Posts
If you can get a mechanic to listen to noise I would do that. If it was mine I would used a stethoscope to isolate exactly where the noise is coming from. If it's been a year, an oil change wouldn't hurt, and might even be the issue. I strongly suggest not to run the bike anymore more than 100% necessary, internal metal to metal sound is not good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So oil change first and if the sound it’s still there to look for the problem?

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
inspect the push rod tubes, make sure none of them are dented in

maybe something fell against the bike while it was stored for the winter, the push rod tubes are the only thing I can think of that are exposed and vulnerable to being dented or crushed

Reactions: lesblank

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All looks good no damages , first time when i start it all good the bike run 10 min also i take it for quick ride at my street all good after a hour when i start it again the noise start .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts