Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started the Navigation activation process today on my Eluder GT. I formatted the thumb drive and am pretty sure that the Export from the bike went well. After downloading Yamaha Toolbox on my MacBook Air and opening the app, I get this "comforting" message:

I am going no further until I figure this one out. Any thoughts, folks? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Your 3rd party Parallels Desktop software is apparently this issue. Do a Google search. Thee is a lot of information about it being buggy depending on what version you have on your computer.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your 3rd party Parallels Desktop software is apparently this issue. Do a Google search. Thee is a lot of information about it being buggy depending on what version you have on your computer.
Thank you, Pilgrim. That Parallels program was supposed to have been deleted before I migrated the info from my MacBook Pro to this Air. I will do some research but I suspect that there were some Parallel files that did not uninstall. Your help is appreciated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just got my eluder and that yamaha toolbox is very buggy on the Mac. Couldn't get it to recognize my thumb drive then it would crash and trying to get the maps update on it, it would fail half way through. Wasn't reliable. Installed on my PC and worked better. I found to get the thumb drive to show up you need to launch the Yamaha software and then put the thumb drive into the computer. Thumb drive was a 16gb freshly formatted fat32.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just got my eluder and that yamaha toolbox is very buggy on the Mac. Couldn't get it to recognize my thumb drive then it would crash and trying to get the maps update on it, it would fail half way through. Wasn't reliable. Installed on my PC and worked better. I found to get the thumb drive to show up you need to launch the Yamaha software and then put the thumb drive into the computer. Thumb drive was a 16gb freshly formatted fat32.
Thanks, cashxx. That sounds like the process I followed. I did a (full, not quick) fat32 format of a new 16gb thumb drive on my wife's PC, exported the Eluder GT's info onto it, and basically did the same as you on my Macbook. GPS is now working on the bike but I guess I should do some kind of update.

·
Premium Member
2,766 Posts
Thanks, cashxx. That sounds like the process I followed. I did a (full, not quick) fat32 format of a new 16gb thumb drive on my wife's PC, exported the Eluder GT's info onto it, and basically did the same as you on my Macbook. GPS is now working on the bike but I guess I should do some kind of update.
If you installed the map update then and ONLY then can you. And you should install the software update.
Thats what the update said is to NOT install the software update UNTIL AFTER you’ve installed the map update.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sounds like you had better luck than me with your Mac and the Yamaha software. It was just way to unstable for me. I had to reformat the drive and use a PC. Running 10.14.6 on my Macbook here.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you installed the map update then and ONLY then can you. And you should install the software update.
Thats what the update said is to NOT install the software update UNTIL AFTER you’ve installed the map update.
Thanks, ChiefGunner. I am trying to do a map update now but having some issues.

·
Premium Member
2,766 Posts
Thanks, ChiefGunner. I am trying to do a map update now but having some issues.
Do yourself a favor and nix the Mac for this evolution. PC just works easier.
Are you doing the PAID map update?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tip of the hat to ChiefGunner! His sideline coaching was a big help. Yamaha Toolbox and Macbook Air did not get along. I ended up downloading Toolbox on my wife's PC (Windows Vista) and that helped a lot.

For what it's worth, I had identical 16gb thumb drives and full-formatted them on the PC. I downloaded the appropriate 12.0.6 software update onto one thumb drive and the bike accepted it. Next, I installed the purchased map update that was already on another thumb drive. Both processes took quite a while. NOTE: per the instructions on Yamaha's site, you may need a battery charger running or have the engine running. Finally, I downloaded the 12.2.0 software update onto a thumb drive but for some reason the bike would not recognize it. After discussion with ChiefGunner, I decided to re-format that thumb drive and try again. This time the bike recognized the 12.2.0 and the install went well (I think). Again, patience is needed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts