Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i have a 2002 yamaha v star 650 classic. I took the front wheel off to replace the tube. Now when i get down hard on the throttle the check engine light comes on. When i let out of the throttle it goes off. Can anyone help me out with this issue? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have an 06 and had a problem with my check engine light coming on when I bought it. I read many threads about this problem. My speedometer didn't work when I bought the bike. I read where some said that if your speedometer didn't work it would cause this problem. While others said that since the speedometer is manual and has nothing to do with the computer that it wouldn't cause the light to come on.

The speedometer didn't work at all on the bike when I got it and was missing the parts in the wheel. They left them out when they powder coated the wheels.

I replaced the parts and got the speedometer working and the light hasn't come on since.

If your having problems with your speedometer that's where I'd look for the problem.

·
Registered
100 Posts
It's now been a month or more since I fixed the speedometer on my bike. I've rode it a bit and glad to report that I still have no problem with the check engine light coming on.

A lot say that the speedometer can't effect the light, but it was on mine, somehow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts