Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm having a back firing problem with my V star. It back fires when I'm lifting off throttle either on exit ramp or when I'm stopping at a stop sign or red light. Has aftermarket air filter exhaust and power commander V. Does anyone else have this problem or any ideas what I can do to fix it? Other than that I'm happy with my V Star.

-All the help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
491 Posts
This seems to be a popular problem with the 1100 and it is related to the AIS which can be removed or you can try turning the PMS out 1/4-1 turn to see if that helps.. From what I've read so far. I don't know if this applies to the 650 or not..

GL!

eGo

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This V star is a 2009 EFI I had another forum about the ais system one guy thinks the V star 950 don't have the AIS like the 650 and 1100 do.

·
Administrator
13,690 Posts
there is no AIS.
how bad is the backfiring? when did it start? even if your fuel map is 'correct', you'll probably still experience some backfiring if you're going at a highway speed and suddenly release all throttle. if it just started and you've had your mods for a while, then you may have a gasket leak at the header pipes. or you could try re-mapping your power commander.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts