Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a VStar 650 and I ride 2 up 80% of the time.
I've been looking around at different options and I'm hoping to get some input of what everyone thinks of the Yamaha Venture or if there is another model they would suggest.
One of the used models I've found is a 2006.
Thanks in advance for your input.

Glenn

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello Glenn, I have a 2005 Royal Star Touring Deluxe which is essentially a Venture without the fairing. They are excellent bikes that ride great with plenty of power for riding two up. Like most Yamaha's, it is pretty much like a sewing machine, it just keeps running with very few issues at all. The ride and power delivery is super smooth due to it's V4 configuration. Just my input, but i say if the price is right, and the condition is good,go for it.

James

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see a few posts where riders are talking about them being top heavy with 2 up.
What are your thoughts on that, is it something that is really a problem or just something to get adjusted to.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That is something you get used to right away. I used to ride A Virago 1100, as well as a Magna 750 and they didn't seem much lighter than the Royal Star once you get moving. You notice the weight when stopped if you lean or when you slow speed turn if you don't pay attention. Just a bit of practice and it becomes second nature.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats nice, I want to add the chrome rack around the saddle bags and probably a top luggage rack.
Not sure how much I'll use it but Its there in case I need it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks. I actually like the look without the guards, but want them there just in case. :) I just picked them up off of Ebay for about $76 and they were in excellent condition.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts