Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just got a 2007 vstar 1100 classic a few weeks ago and Im shocked by the poor mileage I got 4.5 gallons 100 miles????:surprise::surprise:
Bike hasn't been running for a while when I bought it and I did some (4 to 5 times) short acceleration 0-60 just to see what the bike was all about .
The bike seem to be running ok sparkplugs are old but look decent........

Shouldn't I get at least double the mileage for that bike

Thank you

feel

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
If you go down the links: Forums => models Vstar at the top is the sticky threads
and the last one is mileage threads

there is one for the 1100.. Looks like average on the main tank is 120 to 140 miles

some things that would affect mileage: is the bike stock, or does it have modified exhaust and mods to the fuel system?

Also you might have been running old gas, put four ounces of sea foam into 4 gallons of gas in the tank, and see if it improves.

There are other suggestions for improving mileage in the thread mentioned above.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Does that include reserve fuel as well? KCW, and the sticky threads are pretty accurate. I get somewhere's around 120 miles before having ta hit reserve, depending on how I run it. Runnin a 2004 - "1100 Classic', basically stock fer now.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks
Yes reserve included but the bike hasn't been running for a while .
Just thought that I would have at least 200 miles ????
Guess not :}}}

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts