Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2018 V star 650 Classic
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, greetings from Australia. I’ve been all over the net recently attempting to find jet sizes for the setup I’m going to run.
I have recently bought a 2018 650 and am going to install some V&H Short shots. At this stage I’m not really looking at swapping the intake. I’ve done a lot of staring at the jetting chart over at 650ccnd but it only seems to have setups that include intake mods (unless I’m just blind)

in a nutshell what main jet sizes and brands/kits would you recommend for only a short shot exhaust system? I’m assuming I’d be okay with changing the main jets and adjusting the needle?

Cheers guys!

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra (totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 (current)
14,129 Posts
If only changing exhaust, jet increase is not needed. You are not increasing the intake air flow that would require added fuel. With that said, I personally always go up one size on jets when only doing exhaust. These bikes run lean from the factory and going up one jet size will normally make the bike fun better. Remember you will hear the exhaust popping on decel more with aftermarket pipes. The pop was always there, just muffled with stock exhaust. If the popping bothers you, normally 1/8 to 1/4 turn out on the PSM screws will help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.