Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a couple of you on here are also on the yamaha motorcycle forum page. Recently it says account suspended just pulling the page up before i even try to log in. Similar to how 650 ccnd was for a while. Just wondering if anyone else had had any issues with the site recently. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Yes, same. Site is back up, but note says it will be closing up for good in January.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just now saw that. Kinda a shame as i remember a time that it was pretty active for any type of yamaha. I'll miss it but i imagine it takes a fair amount of effort to keep these pages up and running and seems these days that alot of them just aren't as active as they used to be.

·
Super Moderator
13,065 Posts
i'm a member of multiple forums and each one looks a little different but is mostly structured the same way. what i like about YMF is that it is aesthetically the most attractive site i've been on. i HATE the new look of this site with all the gray. it's gray on top of a different shade of gray on top of more gray. bleh. but it's the first forum that i found since getting my bike so i made it my home. and there's always been a sense of community here that you don't usually see elsewhere. i see people here post from different states about meeting up with other members traveling through that always amazes me.
don't know why the admn doesn't just enlist someone else to take over running the site, oh well. maybe some of the members will find a new home here.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He replied to the one thread saying that he would be willing to turn it over to someone willing to run it if possible. YMF is definitely one of my more favorites. It's easy to use. There was at one time 2 mascots traveling but i think the kangaroo is the only one left.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts