Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,
Just picked up a cherry condition '09 1100 Classic with 19k on it, after 5 years of riding a 650 Classic.
I noticed today after a couple of shakedown rides that I've got a pretty good accumulation of brown dust on the chrome in the general area of where the clutch cable enters the housing.
Anything to be concerned about ? I wiped it away the first time I saws it but it was right back after my last 75 mi ride.
Never saw this on my old ride before.
Other than that, she rides and shifts fine.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Sounds like it may be a rusted out AIS tube.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
That's curious cause I just found some of that same dust yesterday when I walked down the bike before a ride. Was around the starter and where the clutch cable goes into the case. Made me ponder where it might have came from. But my driveway is dirt so I just thought maybe was from that. I still have the AIS tubes on the bike, even though I disconnected the AIS. Just haven't gotten around to removing yet. So will have to look at that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mystery solved... AIS tube to the front cylinder it is. Was wiping the chrome below it, ran my finger along the back side and lo and behold, a small crack at the bend.
Thanks for the reply. Just ordered a new one. Long, thin and chrome = $$$

1 - 4 of 4 Posts